Monday, June 25, 2012

DAY 359 - THE MOVE

DAY 359

Living room
So what has happiness been in the last few months.... I think, first of all, I have discovered a love for decoration... I have truly enjoyed trying to create a beautiful and welcoming home.  I realized how, through time, my taste has evolved.  

When we first moved into our previous house, we loved antiques. Therefore, whether it was an antique or not, all our furniture had an old looking style.  Our walls were painted in yellow and orange colors.  All our decor was done in bright, vivid tones.  We moved there in our early thirties... we were building our life, we needed energy...

Now, we are middle-aged (god that sounds so awful!).  We need to slow down time.  We feel like we are always running.  So, in our new house, we chose relaxing, zen colors.  The decor is modern.  The lines are pure.  We don't have anything hanging on the walls yet.. and my husband and I both like it that way! We're so busy, we don't want our house to feel busy.  We wanted to create a calming, appeasing atmosphere and I think we have succeeded in doing so.


It was heart-wrenching for me to leave my old house.  I felt like I was leaving behind a period of my life - the house where my children were born, where they took their first steps.  When I left, after the movers had taken all of our belongings, I went into my car alone and cried. I felt sad, nostalgic. I was mourning the passing of time.

But, as we all know, the end of something is the beginning of something new.  As soon as I arrived to our new house, and the movers started to unload the truck, I had already turned the page. And today, although I still have moments of nostalgia, when I am in my new house, I feel happy!  I feel like I have been renewed.  I feel like a new wonderful period of my life has begun.

No comments: