Saturday, June 9, 2012

DAY 355 -I'M BACK

DAY 355

I haven't been writing for four months.  I can't believe how time flies.  At first, I believed I would be able to only write once in a while.  That's because I didn't foresee what was going to happen to me.    

Yes, I was busy packing boxes, buying fixtures, curtains and furniture for the new house, making sure the renovations were progressing as planned, taking care of my children, etc.  Yes, I didn't have much time to write.

But, it's not only the fact that I was physically busy trying to accomplish so much...  It's as though I didn't have any mental space left.  It's as though all my brain space was taken up by the project I was involved in.  I couldn't write the thoughts I was having about my experience because I was immersed in the present moment, swimming as fast as I could in order to try to get to shore on time.

Renovations and moving are said to be amongst the most stressful events in life... I was doing both... and in the middle of the school year on top it.

I often had thoughts about what I was experiencing.  But I couldn't imagine taking the time to write them down.  I had to focus on the task at hand and move forward.  Only now do I feel like I'm ready to analyze what I have experienced in the last few months and share once again my thoughts on happiness.

Am I going to have the same discipline I used to have?  Maybe not.  But I do know I will reach my destination of 500 days, no matter how long it takes me to get there.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

congradulations ....great to have you back .It is not how fast we get to the destination but it's about getting there and enjoying the ride :) I can't believe how many blogs you've written so far ....takes dedication ! Anita xoxox

Unknown said...

Absolutely Anita! And I'm definitely enjoying the ride!!!

Anonymous said...

congradulations .... for the new house enjoy .... I never forget the peace of happiness and the hug as a therappy ... I love your wording. wassila from english school

Unknown said...

Thanks Wassila!