Wednesday, June 20, 2012

DAY 358 - THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE!

Day 358

I've now been thinking about happiness for almost 2 years.  I know so much more about it in a theoretical sense.  I know what I need to do in order to be happy.... Do I always apply my knowledge?  Well, not always but certainly more than before.  One of the things I've realized is that life has to be lived in the simplest way in order to be joyful.  No need for a luxurious cruise on the Nile or a safari in Kenya (which I would do any time if I had the opportunity).   But, there are cheaper ways to find happiness!

Today, one of my Facebook friends posted this image on her wall.
It reminded me of the simple things I need to include in my everyday life in order to make it better:

Hugs and kisses - You never give or receive enough of them.  They always feel good and, physiologically speaking, they never fail to make you feel happy.

Smiles - Smiling can help trigger a moment of joy in your life and into other people's lives.  And as Thich Nhat Hanh wrote, “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”

Friends and family - It has been proven over and over again people with strong and broad social relationships are happier, healthier and live longer.

Love - I will just repeat what George Sand, female French writer, said: "There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved".

Sleep - How can you be happy if you feel exhausted?  Sleeping well helps you think clearly, be in a better mood (I know I'm very crabby when I'm sleep deprived) and obviously have energy to do all the things you love to do.

Good memories - Good memories are created daily.  Making sure you have happy moments every day of your life forces you to live in the present as well as create a bank of memories that could increase your happiness later on.


Being happy doesn't mean having everything you've ever wanted.  It means appreciating and using everything that is accessible to you to create the conditions that are conducive to happiness.

Have a happy day!!!!




No comments: