Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DAY 354 - GUILT, GUILT, GO AWAY, COME AGAIN SOME OTHER DAY!

Day 354

I didn't write a post yesterday and felt very guilty about it. I have been very disciplined about writing, so I felt like I was letting myself down as well as my readers. Sometimes, we put so much pressure on ourselves!  It's not that I didn't want to write, but I really didn't have time.  And I know that in the next couple of months, life will get busier and busier. 

Between renovating my new house (renovations began yesterday), packing for the move, working at the school, housework and taking care of my children, spare time will surely become scarce.

It made me think that the primary goal of my 500-days-to-happiness journey is to discover and experience happiness.  In that sense, self-inflicted guilt is somewhat counterproductive.  I need to accept the fact that for two months or so, it will be harder for me to be as consistent with my writing as I have been in the last year and a half. 

Writing brings me so much happiness.  All alone in front of my computer, I love to research, reflect and take the time to express my thoughts.  I become submerged in  my own little bubble and I truly enjoy it.

However, I know that temporarily, I might not have as much time to indulge in it.  I need to prioritize and focus on what needs to be done (boxes, renovations and obviously, taking care of my children).  We are moving in less than a month and a half and I have so much to do  until then.

So, no more guilt feelings!!!!  They're not going to lead me anywhere.  I'll do what I can to continue writing, but when it is not possible, I won't.  And I know, that sooner than later, I'll have moved into my new home and no longer feel as overwhelmed as I do now!

No comments: