Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DAY 347 - WE'RE MOVING ALL UP...

Day 347


Yesterday was an important day for my husband and I!  We officially sold our house.  We went to the notary in the morning and signed all the forms. 

We purchased our triplex in 1999. I remember how excited we were when we found it. We had been searching for a house in this neighbourhood for about two years.  When we walked in, we knew it was ours.  After the visit, my husband and I went into our car, looked at each other and screamed.  We were scared, thrilled, apprehensive, but so happy!  We were becoming homeowners.  For the first time in our lives, we would have to pay a mortgage.  We were in our early thirties at the time, childless, full of hope for the future.


Thirteen years later, we're ready to move on.  We have sold the home we once fell in love and bought a new one.  We are leaving a phase of our lives and entering a new one.  Again, it's exciting and scary at the same time.  We know what we are leaving... the neighbourhood feel, the proximity of some of our best friends, the walks to the neighbourhood butcher, supermarket, drugstore, ice cream shop!   We're used to walking everywhere.  We live in an apartment where everything can be found within walking distance.  Now, we are moving into a more spacious house that has a basement (hurray)  and a garage     (hurray for my husband) in a very residential area.  We are going to have to take our car everywhere.  We are so happy, yet we know this move will require us to adapt to a new lifestyle.    

When I left the notary yesterday, I had tears in my eyes.  Our children were born here.  We have so many wonderful memories attached to this house.  

We've already started packing!  Although we are not moving before the end of March, we decided that it would be a good idea to start making boxes.  It might not be fun, but at the same time, it's giving us the opportunity to get rid of all the clutter we have been accumulating throughout the years.  

We're leaving our apartment with some nostalgia.  But we're looking forward to starting something new.  Moving allows you to get a brand new start.  I love change and so does my husband.  And although I sometimes avoid it because I feel status quo gives me a sense of security, I know that change will be beneficial to me and will open the door to new experiences!    

No comments: