Monday, November 28, 2011

DAY 326 - LOOKING AT OLD PHOTOS

Day 326

On one of the walls in the back of my house, there are many pictures hanging. Pictures of my husband and I ,  my nephews and nieces, my brothers, my parents, etc. I rarely stop and look at them, but today I did. I looked at an old picture of my husband and I.  A picture of us taken more than 20 years ago. We look really bad. We have the eighties hairdo and style.  I don't know what we were all thinking back then, but nobody really looked that great!

As I was looking at it, I thought of how I enjoy looking at old pictures.  I have many old photo albums and sometimes, my husband, my children and I will sit down together, look at them and reminisce.   We haven't made a 'traditional' album in over 5 years.  Now, we have many virtual albums with hundreds of pictures, but it's not the same.  Call me old fashion, but I really prefer turning pages when I look at photos.   Looking at a slideshow on a computer doesn't give me the same sensation.

My youngest daughter at 2 years old
trying to be cool on the beach.
But no matter what form it takes, I still love it.  Looking at old pictures never fails to make me feel alive.  I'll smile,  laugh and even sometimes cry.  Photos always bring out tons of emotions.

 As I've mentioned before, experiences are more conducive to happiness than objects (see HOW TO SPEND MONEY AND MAXIMIZE HAPPINESS, because they are lived once and can be relived again and again through reminiscence.  Keeping a visual record of those experiences can really help keep all those happy memories and experiences alive.

No comments: