Monday, February 14, 2011

DAY 140 - CELEBRATING LOVE

Day 140

As soon as Christmas is over, anticipation for Valentine's day begins. Growing up, I was never the type to like commercial celebrations.   My rebel side always felt like I didn't need stores to tell me when to celebrate love, or anything else for that matter.

When I met my husband, we tried to celebrate Valentine's day.  We probably felt some kind of pressure to conform.  Destiny didn't want us to follow that path.  The first year we were together, my husband was really sick on that day.  The second year, I sent him flowers, but at the wrong address.  From that moment on, we decided that we would celebrate OUR love a week later.  So, we did, until the children were born...

When they were babies, nothing really changed.  However, from the moment they went to daycare and started bringing back cute little heart-shaped handcrafts as well as cards where you could read: "I love you Mommy, Happy Valentine's Day",  we had to reconsider our position.

Now, on Valentine's day, we prepare a candlelight dinner.   We buy the children a little gift and write them sweet words in a card.  My husband and I also get each other a little present.  Our rebellious, non conformist side has now vanished.  We have become consenting victims of the commercialization of love.

I'm not unhappy about it though, to the contrary.  Although I still see the commercial aspect of it, I now view Valentine's day as yet another reason to celebrate one of the greatest, most wonderful human emotion.  Love should indeed be celebrated way more than only once a year.    Because when love is felt, it irradiates happiness throughout your body, so the more you feel it, the happier you are!

So, to all my readers and friends, I wish you LOVE today and every day!!!!!






So, to you my readers and friends, I wish you LOVE on this February 14th.  I wish you love today, but I extend my wish to every day of the year!

No comments: