Monday, February 21, 2011

DAY 147 - FREE FALLING INTO THE ARMS OF MORPHEUS

Day 147

It is 10:30 pm.  The dishes are done.  The lunches are prepared.  I've published my post, brushed my teeth, meditated and I'm ready to go to bed.  I enter my bedroom.  And there it is, patiently waiting for me: my pillow.   As I put my head on that pillow and crawl under my warm comforter, all the problems of the day vanish.  After reading a few pages of a book, I turn off the light.  And then, I willingly fall into the arms of Morpheus, the God of dreams. 

I have talked about how important sleep is for happiness... what I'm now telling you is that the actual action of sleep brings me happiness.  Many people I know think that sleeping is a waste of time.  I love sleeping.  I know it is a little bit of a non-activity, but I can really appreciate that moment of the day when everything, even time, seems to stop.  My favorite moment is when I am about to fall asleep; when I'm in that meditative state, somewhere between the world of dreams and reality.

I fall asleep on my stomach.  So, I started wondering if it meant anything. After doing some research, I found out that your sleeping position says something about the kind of person you are.  I thought I could share that information with you.  Maybe, you will recognize yourself and people around you.  Maybe not...

Foetal position - If you sleep in that curled-up position, you are tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. More than twice as many women as men sleep this way.

Log - If you sleep in this side position, with your arms down, you are social, easygoing and trusting, to the point of sometimes being gullible.

Yearner  - If you sleep on the side, with your arms reaching out in the front, you are open-minded but can be cynical, suspicious and stubborn once you've made up your decision.

Soldier - If you sleep on your back with your arms on the sides, you are generally quiet and reserved. You set high standards for yourself and others.

Freefaller - If you sleep on your stomach with your arms grasping the pillow or under the pillow, you are brash, outgoing and dislike criticism.

Starfish - If you sleep on your back with your arms up, you are a good friend, a good listener and you don't like to be the center of attention.

I am a freefaller...  brash, outgoing and I dislike criticism...   I'm not sure I like that definition!  Maybe I'll just change sleeping position! 

No comments: