Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DAY 3 - GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE

DAY 3

Since I started this blog project, I’ve been very excited, so much that my best friend is calling it my new lover. Today, I sent the link to a friend of mine. She replied and asked me If I had heard about a book called “The Happiness Project”. The funny thing is every time I googled the word happiness, it showed up. I briefly had looked at the site but I hadn’t paid too much attention to it. Then, that friend asked me if I would like to borrow the book for inspiration purposes. She left it in my mailbox. When I got back from work, there it was, sitting on my dining room table. I picked it up and bam… I got hit in the face… Someone stole my idea before I thought of it ….or something like that. The author thought it would be a great idea to spend a year trying to define happiness! Sounds familiar????

I guess through ether, many people come up with the same ideas at the same time!!!! That’s why with some inventions, we are not so sure who came up with the idea first! In this case, she published a book…

I faced a blogger’s crisis! Sure, I knew some people were blogging about happiness. I also knew that I wasn’t the only one looking for ways to be happier, but to see it in front of my eyes, as a complete object and a bestseller, I might add, made me feel very "crappy”! I called two friends, one of them told me: “Put it in a bag and forget about it. You can’t get sidetracked, just keep on writing”. The other one said “ Don’t worry about it, so many people have written about vampires, for instance, but every approach is different” I burst out laughing, Vampires????? “ Some topics are universal, just keep doing it, she added” So, I decided to write and dedicate this blog to these two friends. Christina and Donna, thank you for helping me come out of this emotional temporary rut and putting a smile on my face. I WILL GO ON!

2 comments:

M+ said...

Don't stop! I want to read your next entry and the next and so on...
You're on a meaningful quest and it's all YOURS!!! You own it!

You may find some surprises along the way that you never expected...as will your readers!

Asking the questions is what counts. xo

Unknown said...

don't stop ....I am enjoying your journey so much ...we are all in it as well ...almost every subject in the universe is being talked about ..your unique perspective is enlightening and genuine ..I love it xoxoxo Anita