Tuesday, March 22, 2011

DAY 171 - GETTING THE BOOST YOU NEED

Day 171

For a couple of weeks, I’ve been thinking about starting to jog again. Although, I’ve been doing some classes this winter, after my workouts, I never feel as good as when I go for a run. There’s something about the rhythm, the breathing, the flow in jogging that puts me in a meditative state.  Not to mention how incredible I feel mentally and physically after running.

With the arrival of warmer weather, the idea of going jogging was definitely becoming more and more present in my mind. This time around, I thought it would be a good idea to have an objective, like registering to a 5 or 10-kilometre-run event. I thought that for a start, these distances didn't seem so threatening to me.

Today, I was talking to the mother of one of my daughter’s school friends. Both are kids were victims of a rumour and we were discussing the issue. After a while, we started talking about other things. She is a true athlete. She does half marathons, bicycle rides and triathlons. She is in wonderful shape. As I was telling her about my little project, right away she offered to do a 5-km run with me. She told me she would find the event and register us.

She came at the right time, giving me the push I needed to start running again.  Was it a coincidence?  Maybe, but maybe not!  All I know is that after hanging up with her,  I put on my running shoes and went for a twenty-minute jog. I felt so good afterwards, full of energy and especially in a better state of mind...

Sometimes, all you need is a little boost to start up the engine again. It is then up to you to keep it running so that you could get wherever you want to go!

If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness

No comments: