Thursday, March 31, 2011

DAY 180 - ON THE ROAD TO SELF-DISCOVERY... WITH THE HELP OF THE STARS!

Day 180

A couple of weeks ago, I was invited by one of my colleagues to attend one of her astrology classes.  They were looking for people who were ascendant Sagittarius.    I volunteered and loved my experience.  When I was there, all the students were looking at my birth chart, analyzing it and often speaking as though I wasn’t there.  The teacher made them notice particular elements on my chart and they discussed and debated them.  I was shocked to see how accurate some of the things they said were.  When I left, I decided to book a private consultation with the teacher.  I wanted to know more….

Today, I had my appointment with her.  First of all, I must tell you that she is far from looking like the stereotypical image you might have of an astrologer.  She doesn’t own a crystal ball and her office is not dark, full of purple and red curtains and smoky because of incense burning in a corner.

I was quite thrilled about finding out what she was going to tell me.  As soon as I sat down, she said: “I am not a fortune teller, I am only going to tell you what I see on your birth chart.” Astrology is not based on intuition or clairvoyance, but rather on an interpretation of the positions of the stars and planets upon your birth and their influence on who you are, who you were and who you will be.  

She spoke to me for two hours nonstop.  She talked about my past, my present and my future life.  She talked to me about the kind of person I am.  She spoke about the fact that “my mission” on earth is to teach… I guess I chose the right career.  She talked about different periods of my life…  After two hours of listening to her talk, I wanted more, but it was over! 

I was extremely impressed by everything she said!  I wondered how the positions of the planets could say so much.   And I questioned myself on whether or not they could really determine your personality and your potential….

I am naturally skeptical and I don’t take things at face value.  I generally tend to question what everybody views as being obvious. This experience has definitely changed my vision of astrology. 

It has opened up a whole range of questions pertaining to my identity, my past as well as my future.  If knowing yourself better and knowing what you want can improve your level of happiness, than this encounter, by giving me tools to do so, has definitely been beneficial to my quest.

“Self-knowledge is no guarantee of happiness, but it is on the side of happiness and can supply the courage to fight for it.”

Simone De Beauvoir 

If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness

No comments: