Friday, April 1, 2011

DAY 181 - HAPPINESS VOX POP - CHRISTINA FON, TRANSMEDIA PRODUCER

Day 181

As part of a series, every Friday night, I will publish visions of happiness as seen by people with different backgrounds, origins and life experiences.

CHRISTINA FON, TRANSMEDIA PRODUCER    


Christina Fon is a 43 year-old woman of Hungarian Jewish origin. Married and a mother of two, she works as a transmedia producer (interactive/film/TV), specializing in Native content. She has been very successful in her career, having won Geminis (a Canadian prize which honors the best in Canadian television) for some of her films.  She also happens to be my best and oldest friend.  We met when we were 11 years old and have been close ever since.


What is happiness for you?

Happiness is many things to me, but it is mostly having personal and intimate relations with the people I love. I also love meeting new and interesting people who allow me to see the world in different and unconventional ways.


Has your profession impacted your level and your vision of happiness? If yes, how?

 Yes. It has created a community of people that I have become friends with and that I love.  It has also created life goals that fulfill me.


Has your vision of happiness greatly changed through time?

 Yes. As I get older my focus has changed. When I was young, happiness involved immediate gratification.  Later on, my focus was centered on my children. And, although my main focus still remains making memories for my kids, as they get older and become more independent, I have more time for personal development. This now includes trying to get involved in activities that are outside of myself.  I haven’t been that successful at it yet, but I'm working on it!


Do you believe you have control on your level of happiness?

Yes but it's not easy. I have been applying mindfulness to help me achieve more positive thoughts and control over my worried brain. It's hard work!


What do you do to change your mood when you’re feeling sad?

Exercise, eating and sleeping well help. But mostly, I try and talk to my friends and spend time with them. And finally, one of the best ways to get over the blues, is having a good laugh. I love laughing and I have to say I am lucky to be surrounded by VERY funny people.


On the whole, would you say you are a happy person?

 Yes, but I certainly need some help and hard work to keep it consistent.


If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness

1 comment: