Sunday, April 10, 2011

DAY 189 - SPRINGTIME HAS FINALLY COME

Day 189


Happiness is definitely springtime!  This weekend was the first warm and sunny weekend of the year.  And Montrealers decided that winter was over!  The whole city’s heart started beating again, people sitting on patios, sipping coffee, laughing and enjoying the sun.  Happiness could be seen and felt on everybody’s face and demeanour.

In winter, everyone always seems to be in a hurry, rushing from one indoor location to another to avoid the penetrating cold.  This weekend, people were strolling, taking the time to enjoy life.

As I was jogging on Friday, I noticed flowers starting to bloom… And although the smell in Montreal is not always pleasant (in the winter, Montrealers are known for systematically leaving traces of their dogs on the sidewalks so, when spring comes, it all unfreezes and fills the air with a "special" aroma!!!!), spring still always carries a sense of hope, of renewal…

On Saturday, I biked to the park with my daughters and we had our first picnic.  The grass was still yellow, some spots were muddy and the more shaded areas were still covered with a thin layer of snow, reminding us that winter was there not too long ago.  But the weather was clement and after eating, I lied down on my picnic blanket and watched my daughters roll down a hill! And as the sun was softly caressing my skin, I though that if, at that very moment,  I wasn’t experiencing perfect bliss, it was definitely something very close to it!

LONG LIVE SPRING

No comments: