Sunday, April 24, 2011

DAY 201 - REVISITING YOUR MEMORIES!!!

Day 201

To achieve happiness, many authors and, even I, have suggested to live in the present and not in the past.  I agree with that principle, but sometimes revisiting your memories can give you lots of happiness!

Today, as I was jogging with my girlfriend Christina, we started talking about when we turned 40 and traveled to Holland together to go visit some old friends.  We had met these people in our 20’s during one of our European travels!  When we returned there, for a week, we became 20 again, going out and partying till the wee hours of the morning, feeling carefree, as if we didn’t have any responsibilities!

Revisiting happy memories can really spice up your day, especially when you’re not feeling so great!  Talking about that time made us laugh a lot!  It actually added happiness to the present moment, but through a story that happened in the past.

I often reminisce with my children as well, and they love it as much as I do.  I’ll tell them funny anecdotes about their early years… for instance when my eldest fell asleep in a bowl of soup, or when my youngest told my brother, who is a very funny guy, I want to go swimming with someone who loves me and who doesn’t tell jokes!

Living life to the fullest in the present creates memories for the future…. But reminiscing about the past can sometimes create happiness in the present.


If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness


No comments: