Monday, June 20, 2011

DAY 246 - THE EATERY LITERARY SOCIETY STRIKES AGAIN

Day 246

Saturday night, we (The Eatery Literary Society) had our third Book Club meeting.  We were fortunate to have the author of the selected novel attend the evening.  My firiend Karine knew her, so she asked her to come and join us so we could have an "inside" perspective on the book.

As per usual, the evening was wonderful. The novel called Arranged talks about love, relationships and finding your perfect match. Everyone could identify one way or another to the topic, so it created good conversations.  However, because the author was present, everyone seemed a little more restrained in their arguments.  It was nonetheless an interesting and stimulating experience.

The food, once again, was delicious.  Everyone took the time to create a scrumptious dish.  My friend Anna, always brings a dish somehow related to the selected book.  This time around, in the novel, Mexican food is mentioned, so she made guacamole with a tomato salsa and a mango salsa.  A truly tasty culinary experience.

At the end of the evening, as he was leaving, my cousin Chris said something that truly made me happy.  He said: "This book club was your idea, right? I don't know why we waited so long to do it. "  And I agree with him.  It is such a great way to spend time with your friends discussing, exchanging and learning in an atmosphere of fun!

This book club has brought me so much... It has allowed me to combine many of the essential ingredients to my happiness. I get to read with a purpose, which I love. I get to connect with my friends. I get to feel intellectually stimulated. I get to eat good food.  And I get to share a little moment of happiness with people I really care for!  Long live The Eatery Literary Society!  I can't wait for our next meeting...

If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness.

2 comments:

anna said...

Here! Here!

mascha said...

I totally agree!
I was going to write "here, here" but Anna has beat me to it. mmmm. Great minds think alike. haha

Thanks for an excellent evening!