Thursday, October 7, 2010

DAY 19 - SOLITUDE…IS BLISS?

Day 19

Tonight, after work, I walked into my house and there was…. silence. My husband and my children went up to the country because, this weekend, we’re celebrating my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary. Since I have to work tomorrow morning, I couldn’t go up tonight. So, as I walked through my doorstep, I knew I had an evening of FREEDOM!.

Freedom used to mean going out and partying! Tonight, I was in the mood for something entirely different. First, I made myself a nice cup of tea and read quietly while sipping and appreciating every single drop. Then, a friend of mine came over with dinner and we shared a nice healthy calm meal. We were able to actually have a conversation, a real one, and uninterrupted on top of it.

When my friend left, I took a long relaxing lavender bath. The water was not too hot, not too cold, just perfect. I stayed in that bath for about an hour, my eyes closed, only listening to the sound of my breath. When I came out of the bath, I felt renewed, relaxed, happy. All the tension in my muscles had miraculously vanished. I then lied down on my bed and listened to music. Inspired by the melodies I heard, I began writing in my little notebook!

Being at home tonight, by myself, was bliss. I used to fear solitude, now I crave it. Probably, if I had too much of it, I would crave company. I guess human beings always look for ways to achieve balance… neither excessive solitude nor excessive social interaction would ever fulfill me entirely! So, now that I’ve been able to enjoy this moment of solitude, I can’t wait to see my husband and kids tomorrow!!

1 comment:

M+ said...

Simply beautiful!