Friday, May 6, 2011

DAY 212: HAPPINESS VOX POP: ROBERT YOUNG, GRAPHIC DESIGNER, STUDENT, SELF-PROCLAIMED NERD

DAY 212

I am a 31 year old Irish/Native American, graphic designer, marketing student, entrepreneur, nerd.  I live in Los Angeles, but I was born in a small town in California called Barstow.  


What is happiness for you?

My personal happiness comes from the special people in my life and gadgets. ;)

Ok, here comes the nerd in me...

Happiness is a reference to a frame of mind that evokes an emotion. Happiness, joy, love, excitement etc. are all the feel good emotions.  Happiness can be elusive always coming and going.  Happiness can start from a thought and turn into a mood. It can be infectious and life changing.  Happiness is a way of life, a choice. But it is still only a reference relative to some negative aspects of your life.  Happiness is not happiness without negativity. One must embrace both happiness and negativity, they can not exist without one another. 

Has your profession impacted your level and your vision of happiness? If yes, how?

Yes, but not so much the work. More of the people I work with. They can be excellent references to what happiness is, especially in the work force.  It's not the same happiness as in the home.


Has your vision of happiness greatly changed through time?

Of course. Happiness when I was 5 was playing with my building blocks, but as an adult I realized my happiness was the love of my family who played with me at 5, and helped me build with my blocks.

 Do you believe you have control on your level of happiness?

Yes, to some degree.  Self-control and patience are a virtues you must practice, practice, practice. Unfortunately some suffer from serious mental illness and this is not a one for all solution.

What do you do to change your mood when you’re feeling sad?

Like Peter Pan… Think happy thoughts!

On the whole, would you say you are a happy person?

yes. :D




If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness




No comments: