Monday, December 13, 2010

DAY 86 - INTUITION

Day 86

BASBOUSSA
Last night I dreamt I was eating a Middle Eastern desert called Basboussa.   When I arrived to school this morning, a Lebanese student of mine had brought cake to share with the class, not any cake, she had brought « Basboussa ».  Two weeks ago, as I was writing a post on my daughter’s soccer victory, the telephone rang just when I was writing the name Ramona.  Ramona was on the phone.  So many times, I’ll think of someone I haven’t seen in a long time, and that person will call me or send me an e-mail within the same day, or sometimes within the same minute.

Many view these stories as being mere coincidences.  I disagree.  I think there is a universal knowledge that we rarely access, because we are so self-involved.   If we were able to eliminate worry and negative thoughts, we could probably more frequently access that knowledge.

The reason why intuition is so valuable is that it could guide us to make the right decisions; the ones that could lead to a happier life.  The problem is, it is not easy to distinguish fear or wishful thinking from intuition.  When you have intuition, there is no rational explanation, yet there is no doubt.   You just know.  You feel it in your gut.

Some people are naturally very intuitive.  My mother, for instance, has had many premonitory dreams.  Also, as we were growing up, she would often feel how people were and asked us to stay away from those she felt were a negative influence on us.  She was always right. 

My youngest daughter is already showing signs of intuition.  Last weekend, her sister could not find a jewellery box my husband and I had given her as a present last summer.  As were looking all over the house for it and my oldest daughter was on the verge of crying, my six-year old just said: « Mom, I feel we’re going to find it».  She was convinced.   When we finally found it, I thought of how accurate her intuition has been in the past.  She is so little and yet, she is already showing a sensitivity that goes far beyond her age.

Intuition has saved lives.  I’ve read stories of people not taking the plane because of a gut-feeling and surviving what could have been their last trip.

Although some people are naturally more intuitive, it is possible to develop intuition.  Meditation (I guess meditation really is the cure to all wounds), self-hypnosis, relaxation techniques, yoga are all ways of easing the mind and therefore help open the way to intuition.  Positive thinking and happiness are also viewed as promoting the emergence of intuition.  If you eliminate fear and worry, what is left is an empty space that could be filled with intuition.

2 comments:

dcmarvel said...

i want some basboussa!

Unknown said...

You can't even begin to imagine how delightful basboussa is DC Marvel!