Monday, December 20, 2010

DAY 93 - BEING WITH FUN PEOPLE

Day 93

One of the things that makes me happy is simply being around fun and interesting people.  We obviously all have a different definition of what a fun and interesting person is. For instance, some people might be attracted to the highly intellectual or adventurous types, while others might prefer the enthusiastic or spiritual types.

I have had to sit through meals with people I simply did not connect with.  It’s painful.  Most probably, those people find me boring to.  I can tell that I’m boring someone when I talk and all they do is nod and say «oh, really ».  Funny enough, in these contexts, I also find myself pretty boring.   I often comment on it to myself as I’m talking.  I become witness to my conversation, having an out of body experience.

I’ve been blessed with a very fun family.  For my parents 50th wedding anniversary, my brothers and I, along with our respective spouses, my 28 year-old niece and of course, my parents, all went out for dinner at a fancy restaurant in Montreal.  We laughed so much, when I got back home; I realized my stomach muscles were sore.   Family obligations are part of life, so I’m lucky I can actually truly enjoy these gatherings.

I have also learned how important it is for me to pick and choose my friends.  I know that in general, people I find uninteresting, are very self-involved, or don’t seem genuinely interested and sensitive to other people’s responses when engaged in a discussion.

Surrounding myself with fun and interesting people really makes a difference in my happiness level.  With my busy life, I feel like I need to fully take advantage of every moment I have.  What do you think makes a person fun and interesting?




If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group: 
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=149086468462320

       



      

No comments: