Sunday, December 19, 2010

DAY 92 - SCHEDULING FUN

Day 92

Do you sometimes feel like you’re so busy, you hold off going to the bathroom just in order not to waste any time?   Do you feel like you’re constantly rushing, being on efficiency mode? 

A lot of us are caught up in this whirlwind of productivity, always rushing to get to the next step.  When I get home from work, I hurry up to do everything I have to do just so I can finally sit back and relax.  The problem is, most of the time, when I do get to that stage, I’m so tired, I just want to go to bed.

Theoretically, we all know we should aim at achieving balance.  Yet, it is very challenging to find time to include all important aspects of life in our daily routine.  Probably, the best way to do this is to schedule in activities you would like to include. 

On Tuesday mornings, I take a pilates class.  Friday nights is movie night or board game night with my husband and my children.  On Saturday afternoons, we now have a babysitter who comes while my husband and I go work out.  Every night, before I go to bed, I meditate.

Scheduling activities in your week is the best way to force yourself to stop and take time to do the things that you really want to do.  I’ve always liked spontaneity and I have always been reluctant to adopting any type of scheduled activity routine.  However, with the lifestyle I have, if I don’t schedule the “fun “ activities, all I’ll be doing is taking care of all my ‘not-so-fun’ obligations.  And that goes against the principle of making my life more enjoyable and happy! 





If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group: 
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=149086468462320


No comments: