Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DAY 258 - GOING OUT ON A DATE...

Day 258

Tonight, my husband and I went out on a date in order to celebrate our wedding anniversary.  I remember, when I was in my early 20's, and a friend would tell me she had been with the same person for three years.  I was so impressed!  Three years seemed like such an eternity back then!

We have been together for twenty years and married for fourteen!  Now that's a real eternity!   Our relationship has gone through so much throughout the years (we went from being in our crazy 20's to becoming responsible home owners and parents).  Through it all though,  I can still recognize the man I fell in love with 20 years ago!  He hasn't changed all that much!

In some way (wrinkles excluded), we still feel so young! Although, when we are with friends, now, we have noticed that some of them are starting to talk about their aging aches and pains! God help us!  At least no one is talking about retirement or incontinence yet!

Some studies say that married people tend to live longer and are happier!  I don't want to argue research, but I think it depends... I know many people who are miserable in their marriage... and their health and level of happiness are affected by it!  Similarly, I know single people who love their freedom and would never want to trade it off.

In the end, whatever cards you've been dealt with, you need to make the best of it. Happiness is a choice.  One you make on a daily basis.  Whether you are married or not....


If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the new look !!!!