Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DAY 262 - OH HAPPY DAY!

Day 262

Today I went to the dentist.  Let's make something clear:  I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST!


First of all, I find it very uncomfortable to leave my mouth open for an hour and having different dental tools making irritating sounds painfully pressing on my teeth .  Also, I produce a lot of saliva (scientific word for drool) and every single dentist and dental hygienist feels the need to mention it: "Gee, there's a real fountain in there."

Secondly, when I'm sitting on that big chair, I always feel like a six year old: "Are you sure you floss your teeth every day?", " Hmmm, the last time you came was... let me see... April 2010!  I know you don't have dental insurance, but you really should come twice a year, I see a lot of tartar accumulation on your teeth."  "You don't brush your gums, do you?" No, I don't.  It's called brushing your teeth not brushing your gums!

Finally, going to the dentist is very expensive.  It cost me 150 $ for a cleaning!  They also suggested I get a tooth extracted (I had partially fractured it one day while eating a date with a pit) and implant a new one. The whole procedure would cost 3000$...  More expensive than a trip to the Caribbean! 

So, you might be wondering why I'm talking about my appointment at the dentist on my happiness blog, if all it brings me is misery.

Well, I'm happy I stopped procrastinating about going to the dentist, because although I hate it,  I still have to do it.  And I'm also happy I won't have to go back for another year (I will not suffer through this every six months).  So, for me, today was definitely a happy day.


If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness.

No comments: