Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DAY 263- BEING A TOURIST IN YOUR HOMETOWN!

Day 263

There are so many things to do in Montreal.  Sometimes, I feel like I don't really know my hometown.  I know my neighbourhood very well, but it seems like I' always hanging around the same places, never venturing out...


So, today I decided to get out of my comfort zone and explore a little.  It wasn't extremely hot, so I figured it would be a good idea to go biking with the kids.  After consulting my brother, I  borrowed my cousin's bike rack and drove to a suburb of the city.  There, I discovered a beautiful bike path in a gigantic park.

We had so much fun riding our bikes in the middle of nature.  There was hardly anyone around.  Everything was so quiet and peaceful.  Until, of course, we started hearing thunder and got lost trying to find our way back to the car.

Still, at the end of the afternoon, both my kids told me they wanted to go back very soon.

It made me think that, although when I travel, I love to discover and explore,  when I'm home, I tend to stick to what I know.

So, I've decided to change that.  From now on, I'm going to live in Montreal as if I were a tourist.  I am no longer going to take my city for granted!

I might have discovered one little treasure today, but I'm sure there plenty others hidden all over the city!


If you like this post, pass it along.  To receive posts as they're being published, you can either send me an e-mail at alina500daystohappiness@hotmail.com or join the facebook group:  500daystohappiness.




1 comment:

M said...

Hey, great blog! I tried to find one other blog via google (I forgot its name, just that it has "happiness" in it) and so I wondered here. Greetings from Finland and keep going with this blog, really sweet idea!