Wednesday, January 5, 2011

DAY 100 – 100 POSTS

Day 100

Today, not knowing why, I was walking around with a grin on my face all day.  At a certain point, as I was coming back from the gym, I even noticed a man looking at me strangely.  Perhaps, he though I was a little psychologically deranged.  Seeing a smile on someone’s face somehow always seems suspicious.  We’re much more used to seeing people stressed out, anxious or, at best, with a neutral look.

This morning, I just woke up happy.  Granted, my children were going back to school and I’m off work until next Monday… that could definitely be one of the reasons.  The other one is that today, I’m celebrating 100 posts.

I’m not one to toot on my own horn, but reaching that “milestone” has great meaning for me.  When I first started writing this blog, I wrote the number 500, without giving it much thought.  It is only when I was writing day 6 that it dawned on me.  Like if a brick had suddenly fallen on my head, I realized what I had committed to: 500 days.  At that point, I wasn’t even sure if I could get to 20, let alone 500!

I guess I’m happy that I’ve been able to be disciplined enough  (not my forte) to write every day.  100 posts is 1/5, 20% or 100/500 of my objective (but who’s counting).   Some may say: Yes, but you still have 80% left.  As you now know, I choose to look at how many I’ve written and not how many are left to write.

I know I will go through ups and downs all through the year.  Maybe, some days I won’t feel inspired and writing will require a tremendous amount of effort.   At the same time, I know that by exploring the topic of happiness, I will keep on learning so much about philosophy, psychology and human needs and behaviours, and that through it all, I will be forced to deepen my understanding of life.  In the end,  that can only but affect my life positively.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Dina! It’s been a pleasure reading your blog and will continue to be one.

Unknown said...

Thanks Anne! I really appreciate it!

Unknown said...

Enhorabuena amiga,

Unknown said...

great commitment !!!

M-Josée Renaud said...

You are the perfect example of perseverance... Not an easy task but you can do it! Thank you for sharing with us all these wonderful anecdotes! You are a great writer and I really enjoy every line!!! Hope to see you soon... Happy new year!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you MJ!