Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DAY 99 - IS YOUR GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?

Day 99 

Although I fight the urge, I sometimes catch myself complaining. I would not go as far as calling myself a complainer, but I do have bouts of negativity.  The thing is, I can’t stand it, whether I’m the one complaining or someone else is doing it.  For some people, complaining is a way of life.  The funny thing is, you look at their life and you really can’t see anything wrong with it.

No one can deny that sometimes looking at the bright side of a situation requires a great amount of imagination.   However, in most cases, adopting a positive outlook is within the realm of possibilities.  I really believe in making a conscious effort to look at things more positively.  It entails changing the way you think … The problem is, very often, negative thinking is so deeply rooted that you first need to deconstruct natural patterns before you can actually rebuild your thought process.

So I did not exercise much during the holidays and I ate way too much… for some reason now, whenever I bend, I’m scared my pants are going to rip open.  I have been in a constant state of sleep deprivation, going to bed too late every night.  I haven’t been able to be as constant with my meditation.  However, I spent quality time with my family, baking cakes with my children’s newly acquired easy bake oven, playing board games and watching films.  I have also had the chance to see my friends and family in wonderful festive settings.  I was able to do nothing, which is something I often crave. 

I am working on always seeing the glass half full.  It is sometimes difficult.  But by becoming aware of my own complaining voice through out of body experiences, I am seeing some progress.   For instance, this year I didn’t complain about the Christmas tree my husband chose.  In fact, I sincerely complimented him about it.  I loved our Christmas tree.   Was the tree any different than the previous years?  I am not so sure!

No comments: