Sunday, January 2, 2011

DAY 97 - A BRAND NEW START

Day 97

The arrival of the New Year marks a symbolic fresh start.  It’s the time for renewed commitments.   It gives you an opportunity to contemplate on your past decisions and make appropriate adjustments.  It’s the time to get rid of all accumulated clutter and clear your mind.  It allows you to rebuild, to reinvent yourself.   That’s why people often create a list of resolutions.  The problem is statistics show that by the month of February, 40% of people will have given up on their resolutions.  In fact, within the first week, 25% of people will give up.   So, how do you keep your resolutions?

- MAKE THEM SMALL AND SPECIFIC
The higher the goal, the harder the fall… If you try to make drastic changes in your life, your resolutions will be harder to keep.  It’s better to have small short-term goals than gigantic ones.

- DON’T GIVE UP AFTER THE FIRST DRAWBACK
If you’re trying to exercise and have a healthier lifestyle and you go out and have a hamburger with fries and a cheesecake, it doesn’t mean you have to stop!

- TELL THE WORLD
When you tell people about your resolutions, it gives you extra motivation to keep going. 

For 2011, I have divided my resolutions into four categories that I believe will help me in my quest for happiness.  They’re not that small or that specific, but since I’ve already begun working on them simultaneously, keeping up with them should be possible.  Especially that, through this blog, I am literally telling the world:

Spirituality
I’ve been meditating every day (or nearly every day) for the past three months.  It has brought a lot to my life, so I will continue to do so.  I will also increase my knowledge by reading inspirational books.

Health
Eating well and exercising makes me feel better.  I will continue incorporating healthy habits into my lifestyle so that it can positively impact my physical and emotional states.

Relationships
I will continue developing healthy and positive relationships and connections with my friends and family members.   I love meeting new people, so I will also be open to new encounters. 

Courage
I will have the courage of my convictions.  I haven’t always lived by my values and beliefs and I really think that by always doing so, you develop a sense of integrity that is essential to happiness.  In the past, I have also often let fear guide my decisions.  I will no longer feel like I'm a “chicken” or any other kind of poultry for that matter!!!!

Some people don’t believe in resolutions, maybe because they have a fear of failing or maybe because they see January 1st as yet another day in the calendar.  I view it as being a wonderful opportunity to start from scratch.  That is the reason why today I spent 7 hours de-cluttering my house.  Somehow, I feel that now, the year can really begin!

So, to all my readers, friends and family, I wish you a Happy New Year, filled with Health and Happiness!  If you have resolutions, may you find the will to follow through with them; if you have goals, may you work towards them with determination and perseverance; count your blessings and keep dreaming!

Peace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it ...cheers to 2011 :) xoxoxo