Friday, January 7, 2011

DAY 102 -YOUR BODY, A TEMPLE

Day 102 

When I became a mother, I adopted my mother’s philosophy by always putting myself last.  I remember being so preoccupied with my newborns, that I wouldn’t even find the time to shower.  Thank god for my loved ones, since then, I have been able to manage my time enough to get to wash every day!   However,  I still tend to think of my family before thinking of myself.  The problem is, if you don’t take care of yourself, nobody else will.  I’m not saying to start becoming selfish or self-absorbed, I’m talking about making sure you do THINK of taking care of yourself.

I really love the image of perceiving your body as being a temple and acting accordingly.  How would you want your temple to be?  What are the measures you can take in order to transform so that you are taking care of yourself as you should, as if you were a valuable monument?

There are three levels to the individual: the body, the mind and the soul.  I believe that to truly be happy, you need to take care of all three levels simultaneously. 

THE BODY
Taking care of your body means eating well, drinking lots of water, exercising, pampering yourself and getting enough sleep.

THE MIND
Taking care of your mind means acquiring knowledge and developing wisdom.  If you are constantly learning and expanding your mind, you will continually grow and, by doing so, you will widen your horizons.        

THE SOUL
The soul equally needs to be taken care of, through spirituality but also by developing deep positive human qualities such as integrity, authenticity, conscience, goodness, compassion and love.

By caring for ourselves as though we were a precious temple and developing these three levels of our individuality, we can definitely achieve a more balanced life and increase our feeling of wellbeing.

No comments: